Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Still Running and Still Fundraising!



So, we had our longest run ever last weekend - 15 miles! I am not going to lie and try to convince you that it was easy and enjoyable. In fact, it was the hardest run I have ever done. I was already feeling tired and unmotivated right at the start and everything went downhill from there. The good news is that I hung in there and I was not even sore the next day. We have a half-marathon this coming weekend (the Nike NYC Half Marathon) and I am actually looking forward to it. I figure that I have somehow gotten stronger - mentally - from last weekend's run. This marathon thing really is a rollercoaster ride both mentally and physically. I will be so proud of myself once I cross that finish line on November 5th!

In addition to my running program, I am also fundraising for Team for Kids, an organization that endeavors to beat childhood obesity. I have committed myself to raise $2500 and need your help. You can make a direct contribution by going to the Team for Kids website and typing in my registration number: 3395.

I am also selling funky running gear through Cafe Press. All profits are being donated to Team for Kids. Check out the line at www.cafepress.com/runnerchick and buy what you like - it's all going to a good cause!