Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Yoga Baby

I am big into yoga – it was my saving grace both during and after pregnancy. I am convinced that my labor wouldn’t have been as bearable as it was if I had not practiced yoga throughout my pregnancy. And it was yoga that helped me get back into shape…post-baby.

While I am by no means a yogi, I am quite familiar with most of the poses – downward facing dog, pigeon pose, goddess pose and, of course, child’s pose. While going through the sun salutations the other day, I suddenly realized that all the poses that we were doing in class are “poses” that my 12-month old baby does at home. That’s when I came to the conclusion that yoga is innate – we are born to salute the sun. But seriously, if we began practicing yoga as children and carried on with our practice throughout our lives, I truly believe that we would live happier and healthier lives.

That said, I am a huge advocate of baby-and-me yoga classes! What a great way to bond with you tot while also helping your baby tap into the yogi within him or her. And why not do it in style? Thanks to Lotus Children, you can outfit you offspring in the coolest yoga wear around. The “omesie,” “baby om pant” and “yoga t-suit” are all must-haves for your tot’s yoga wardrobe. And when your baby has outgrown the baby om pant, he/she can graduate to Lotus Children’s great toddler line of yoga attire.

Namaste.